It can get tougher in these colder months to keep going. Or perhaps you are wanting to start working towards a goal, but know that you find it tough staying motivated or don't know where to begin.
Here are 9 tips to consider when starting a new journey, be it in exercise, nutrition or something completely different.
1. Knowing your 'why': Knowing WHY you started this journey and WHY you are doing it can help keep you in check and keep you motivated to carry on when it gets tough. What is your WHY?
2. Start small: When working on a life long change, start with small, achievable changes so that you are less likely to give up and you can stay motivated as you achieve these tasks.
3. Set a date: Giving yourself a realistic deadline to achieve goals can motivate you to get working and not give up! You will feel accomplished when you achieve this goal by this date.
4. Checklist: These are GREAT for 2 reasons:
6. Find a mentor: Finding someone who is knowledgeable in the field that you are interested in and working towards can help ensure your goals are realistic and provide you with insight into how to achieve your goals safely and efficiently.
7. Find a routine: Once you know what your goals are and know your WHY, setting up a consistent routine every day or week will help your mind and body adjust to these changes. Consistency is key.
8. Be around the right people: Surround yourself with people who will support you and motivate you to keep going. Choosing who you give your energy to will have a huge impact on your end goal and motivation levels.
9. Celebrate all wins: No matter how big or small, celebrate EVERY win. Acknowledge these wins and be proud of the progress you have made. Remember these wins and use this as fuel for your motivation!
Let us know if you have tried any of these tips, and how have they worked for you?